Thursday, October 02, 2008

Where The Heck Have I Been?

I keep getting comments form my loyal readers (all three of you) welcoming me back to blogging.

First of all, thank you. Second, I should probably update everyone on why I took some time off posting. Let's go through the chronology:

July - we decided to move about July 10th. We spent the following days packing and preparing. All this time I was also studying for the bar exam. We actually moved between July 16th and July 19th. (many thanks to Mike and Melissa for their help). We spent the next few days unpacking while I continued to study for the bar.

July 29-30 - I took the bar exam in Salt Lake City. (and mentally recovered for the next week). I did pass, btw.

August - I . . . hmmm . . . don't remember much but stress, and applying for jobs all month. I had a couple of interviews, but was always rejected. The closest were SirsiDynix and the State Legislature. I really would have loved the State job.

September - More of the same stress. I eventually got one offer from a Tech company in SLC called SIRE Technologies. It wasn't enough money for us long-term, and it utilized only a small subset of my skills. We were at the point, though, where it was Friday afternoon, and I was ready to take the job on Monday if nothing else came up. I sent out a few last applications and went to sleep. Anyway, I got a call back on Saturday, an interview at 7:00am Monday morning, and an offer right there on the spot. Needless to say, I declined the first offer. I eventually did accept the new one.

Now I'm a Network Administrator for Messaging Architects in their Provo office on the Novell campus. It's a good opportunity and I hope to grow into a legal/tech hybrid position. this will serve our needs for the time being. We aren't thrilled at having to move again, but we'll be OK.

Anyway, that's why posts have been scarce. I hope to be more regular from now on.

No comments: